Friday, July 17, 2015

My New Kicks





Ostensibly, these new shoes are workout gear. For a few months now I've been lifting weights barefoot. I kick off my running shoes (which are bad for weightlifting because they have a compressible sole) and wander around the weight room in my stocking feet. I've gotten a few weird looks, but I'm pretty unselfconscious about this kind of thing so I don't really mind. Even so, I decided this week that it was probably time to upgrade to shoes. Fancy, I know. I picked up a pair of Converse All-Stars because they're a cheap, dependable lifting shoe... and also they're pretty fly. See how they kind of glow?

I wore them with a casual dress for a very easy, very comfortable outfit on this hot, rainy day to run errands and read.

sneaks: Converse All-Stars via DSW [if you don't already have a pair, you can get them anywhere, I know, but here's a link] | dress: Blue Heaven via Marshalls



No comments:

Post a Comment