Monday, September 7, 2015

Faking Fall


 

 

 

After a few deceptively cool days, summer has planted its flag here in the midwest and announced that it has no plans for leaving anytime soon. On the weekends, this is fine. We've spent Saturday tailgating and Sunday at the beach, and doing those two activities the 95° weather doesn't bother me one bit. But during the week, when I'm teaching classes and meeting with students, I really wish the weather was cooler. (And so does my hair... humidity frizz for the win!)

This outfit uses trick to make it feel more like fall even though wearing sweaters and boots is totally out of the question. Audrey wrote a post a few days ago about how ankle boots can make any outfit look more fall-ish. She recommended black ankle boots, but this dark teal pair seemed even better. I wore a jean jacket, too, not just to simulate fall but also because it's freezing in some of the buildings on campus! This outfit didn't send any cooler weather our way, but it helped me fake fall a little bit.

dress: Target | jacket: Target | necklace: Fossil [thrifted] bracelets: borrowed | ankle boots: Nine West


No comments:

Post a Comment