Thursday, September 17, 2015

What Every Woman Needs: A Cape

 
cape: Banana Republic [see buying help below] | jeans: Gap | sweater: Target | boots: Ecco [similar] | bag: J.Crew factory 


Every woman needs a cape in her closet. I came to this realization in the fitting room of the Banana Republic Factory Store on October 4, 2014. I tried on this cape and knew two things immediately: (1) capes are ridiculous and (2) I had to have one. I texted my best friend a dressing room snapshot and asked "Is this cape cool or the stupidest thing ever?" She responded "Love it," I replied "Bought it," and the rest is not quite history.

When I got home, my husband  (of, at that point, exactly one week) was perplexed. What had I purchased? Why had I purchased it? Doesn't a cape go behind you, like this? But I love it, and he loves me, and the rest is not quite history.

Despite my husband's confusion, every. single. time. I wore this cape, I got compliments. Especially when my husband was around. People on the street, my husbands co-workers, and the farmer who sells us our meat all told me "I love your cape!" My husband was floored. But my hunch was confirmed. Every woman needs a cape.

So, for this Third Thursday Linkup celebrating plaid (thanks Briana!), I offer you this plaid cape. Go ahead. Compliment me.


Want a cape? (You know you do, admit it!) Here are some you might like:

one | two | three | four


1 comment: