Monday, September 21, 2015

Making it Work: Classic Teacher Style

thanks to Jessica for letting me use her photo! see her original post here
For September's Make it Work Monday, I'm following the lead of a fellow teacher, Jessica from Here & Now.  The core pieces in this outfit -- a button-up shirt, wool blazer, patterned skirt, and booties -- are all super classic items that I already owned. Yet I'd never put them together before. In fact, I rarely wear a blazer with a skirt and had -- get this -- I have NEVER worn a button-up with a blazer. Yeah, I know, weird. On this classic combo's maiden voyage, I even copied Jessica's cuffing technique. I'll definitely be doing it again!

I'm grateful to Jessica for sharing this outfit and to Erin for hosting this awesome link-up. It may seem simple to copy looks that you like on others, but on both Make it Work Mondays so far I've learn something about my style and how to wear the clothes I already own. If you've got a blog, please link up! If you don't, just try making it work sometime... I promise, you'll like it!

blazer: J.Crew [apparently they've discontinued the Schoolboy, but the Rhodes is very similar] | shirt: Banana Republic [exact on sale] | skirt: LOFT [exact on sale, but limited sizes] | bag: J.Crew Factory | booties: Nine West | watch: Timex, via stolen from husband (will be returned since my new watch came in the mail!) [exact]


No comments:

Post a Comment