Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The Non-Remixed Remixable Skirt



I bought this skirt a few weeks ago and hoped to remix it for Briana's Third Thursday linkup, but then I never quite got the post together and totally missed the boat. I was a bit hesitant when I bought it. I'd been looking for a full skirt in a black pattern, but thought I wanted something a bit more structured. This skirt is knit and stretchy which makes it more casual. But, it was on limited sizes and on sale, so I figured I could take it home and experiment with it. If it didn't fill the closet holes I wanted it to, I could always return it. (P.S. It was sold out for a while, but it's now back in stock in all petite sizes and some regular sizes for $27!) I wrote down a list of "outfit options" with it while procrastinating and when I tried them on most of them looked pretty good, so I decided to keep it.

Apparently it was meant to be because I've been wearing this skirt over and over (and over and over) again ever since. Even though I wanted something more structured (woven, wool, you know the drill), I've been happy with the knit version, especially for summer as it refuses to transition into fall. The skirt looks put together enough for work, but also comfortable for lounging around or sitting in the car for hours on end. (I wore it to drive the nine hours to my family vacation and then decided it to put it on again to drive the nine hours back.) This is the skirt in "business mode." A plain white tee, a cardigan, and flats are perfectly respectable (and super easy) even if they're not show-stopping. I can definitely see myself wearing it at least once a week as long as the weather keeps on being a hot mess, and maybe with tights into the cooler months. Who knows! I may have missed Bri's remix, but there's plenty of rogue remixing to come!

skirt: LOFT [exact] | t-shirt: Banana Republic | cardigan: Gap | shoes: Target [sold out, very similar, very similar on sale] | earrings: Dina Varano [her website]


No comments:

Post a Comment